City Cardiological Center was organized based on the oldest clinic of Almaty — BSMP.
BSMP was founded in 1896 as the hospital of the Red Cross Society for 15 beds in the city called Verny of the Semirechensk uezd. In the following years the hospital changed its names:
- In 1922-1924 it was Almaty uezd-city hospital of the Dzhetysusky Oblast Health Care Department
- In 1924-1927 in was Almaty city hospital of the Dzhetysusky Gubernia Health Care Department
- In 1927-1947 in was city hospital of Almaty Health Care Department
- In 1947-1975 it was city combined clinical hospital No. 1 of Almaty Health Care Department
- From December 22, 1975 it was city clinical hospital of emergency medical care.
- In January 1992, based on the resolution of the committee No. 69 as of 24.10.1991 and order No.739 as of 23.12.1991 City Administration of Health Care «On reorganization of the city clinical hospital of emergency medical assistance» was divided into two independent institutions: city clinical hospital of emergency medical assistance and a station of emergency medical assistance.
On January 1, 2007 by the Order of the Department of Health Care of Almaty No. 781 City Cardiological Center was founded. From January 1, 2007 till January 30, 2013, the center was headed by the Candidate of Medical Sciences, the doctor of the highest category Turdalin Nurlan Bostybaevich.
From March 7, 2013, the Director of the City Cardiological Center is the Candidate of Medical Sciences, the doctor of the highest category Kodasbaev Almat Turysbekovich
City Cardiological Center provides emergency cardiological assistance including emergency highly specialized cardiological help to Almaty city residents. The state program of intensive development of cardiosurgical assistance to the Republic of Kazakhstan population and Almaty population contributed to the increase of the volume and accessibility of the main modern emergency therapeutical and interventional methods of diagnostics and treatment, as well as all main types of emergency high tech invasive (endovascular, arrhythmological, surgical) assistance.
There are two angiography devices set up in the City Cardiological Center in Almaty that work 24/7 (all day long/7 days a week) and 1 surgical ward in the cardiosurgical department that provides emergency highly specialized cardiosurgical assistance 24 hours a day.
The mission of the center : is to increase the longevity and the quality of life of patients who suffer from cardio-vascular illnesses using high medical technologies, professionalism, care and graciousness.
- Intellectual potential that strives for constant perfection and its implementation;
- Respect of accomplishments and personality of the patient;
- Mercy is constant sincere desire to help each patient;
- Professionalism is the direction of all best knowledge, opportunities and experience to achieve high result for the patient and the personnel based on constant development and studying;
- Collegiality is trust and cooperation based on the parity of responsibility and the volume of work to do
- Transparency is observing the principles of honesty and decency in personal and group activities.
The structure of the cardiocenter: City Cardiological Center of Almaty is opened for 315 beds, out of them there are 290 beds of the cardiological profile, 25 beds of cardiosurgical profile.
The personnel staff: 144 doctors (8 candidates of medical sciences, 9 exemplary workers of health care), 289 medical nurses, 211 of junior medical staff.
There are 19 highest category doctors, 14 doctors of the first category. Six staff members of the City Cardiological Center are the members of the Russian and European societies of cardiologists from 2011. Two staff members are members of the European society of cardiosurgeons from 2012. From 2012 practically all staff members are members of the Kazakh and European society of cardiologists.
The cardiocenter is the clinical base of five faculties of Kazakhstan National Medical University named after S.D. Asfendiyarov. The treatment and consultational assistance is provided by 8 Professors, 10 Associate Professors, 12 Candidates of Medical Sciences.
- The Faculty of Internal Diseases No. 3 of Kazakhstan National Medical University – (Head of the Faculty, an Honored Scientist of the Republic of Kazakhstan, a corresponding member of Kazakhstan Education Academy, Professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences Dauletbakova R.K., Enokyan S.G., Zhangelova Sh.B., 3 assistants) curate cardiological departments 1, 3, 4, 5.
- The Faculty of Emergency Medical Assistance of Kazakhstan National Medical University (Head of the Faculty, Doctor of Medical Sciences Professor Turlanov K.M., 2 Associate Professors — Nurmakova M.A., Almukhametov M.K.) curate the 6th Cardiological Department and the Admissions Department.
- The Faculty of Post-diploma preparation on Therapy of Kazakhstan National Medical University (Head of the Faculty, Doctor of Medical Sciences Professor Polimbetov D.S., 3 Associate Professors — Polzik G.B., Kapsultanova D.A., Sembaeva A.D., 1 assistant) curate the 2nd Cardiological Department.
- The Faculty of Internal Diseases No.2 of Kazakhstan National Medical University – Head of the Faculty, Professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences Aydargalieva N.E., 1 Associate Professor Zhdanov V.V., 2 assistants curate the 4th Cardiology Department.
- The course of cardiosurgery of the Center of Continuous Education of Kazakhstan National Medical University, Professor Egemberdiev T.Zh. curate the work of the Cardiosurgical Department.